As a Senior Narcotics Officer, you will lead an elite team with one objective - to keep Singapore a drug-free nation. You may be posted to any of the 4 operational divisions: Intelligence, Enforcement, Investigation and Operations.
YOUR ROLE AS A SENIOR NARCOTICS OFFICER
- Lead a team of Narcotics Officers in a range of challenging assignments including arrests of drug offenders, raids, house checks, gathering intelligence on drug syndicates and executing field operations against drug offenders
- Conduct meticulous investigation and surveillance operations to neutralize drug trafficking groups
- Formulate, implement or review drug enforcement policies and strategies
- Oversee the effective administration of the urine supervision regime at Divisions which includes urine-testing, case work and management of public enquiries
- Conduct investigation to prosecute drug offenders under the Misuse of Drugs Act
- Plan and coordinate projects that leverage on information technology with aim of keeping Singapore drug-free
- Conduct talks on preventive drug education and CNB's drug enforcement strategies to youths and organisations
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A SENIOR NARCOTICS OFFICER?
- Passion and Perseverance
- Strong leadership and command ability to motivate your team
- Steadiness and decisiveness in face of uncertainty
- Adaptability and quick-thinking in dynamic situations
- Good stress-coping abilities
- Commitment to work irregular and extra hours
- Physically fit and active
- Good communication skills
- Singapore Citizen
- Male applicants must have completed National Service with medical fitness of PES 'A' or 'B'
- Good physical fitness
- Normal colour vision
- At least a pass degree in any discipline. In general, degrees from universities accredited by the home government of the country where the university originates would be considered.
Upon recruitment, you will undergo nine months of training at the Home Team Academy to learn penal codes and criminal laws, crime investigation, defense tactics and weapons handling.
- Training also include an overseas leadership training programme
- Upon completion of training, you will serve a 2-year bond
ENTRY SALARY & ENTRY RANK
The entry saleries and entry ranks of our officers depend on their educational qualifications:
1st Class / 2nd Class Upper Honours Degree
$3,735 - $4,497
| || |
Other Honours Degree / Pass Degree (with Merit) / Pass Degree
$3,250 - $4,037
The quantum of National Service increment will vary according to the duration served for Full-Time National Service
- 18 days of annual vacation leave
- Medical and hospitalisation leave
- Parent-care and child care leave
- Subsidised medical & dental benefits
- Group insurance scheme
- Use of local/overseas holiday chalets and bungalows
- Marriage and baby grants
- Retirement plans
- Annual study leave of 12 days (subject to approval)
- Class 3 driving lessons
- Opportunities to travel overseas for advanced courses, seminars and joint operations
- No uniform - civillian attire
Click here to apply.
READ MORE ABOUT OUR OWN SENIOR NARCOTICS OFFICER
In the Spotlight: "I've always wanted to be an officer."