The CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU (CNB) is Singapore's primary drug enforcement agency entrusted with the responsibilities of coordinating all matters pertaining to drug eradication. CNB's vision is for a Singapore without drugs, where everyone can live, work and play safely. Our mission is to enforce, educate and engage, for a drug-free Singapore.
As a Direct-Entry Sergeant, you will work with a team of officers with one objective – to keep Singapore a drug-free nation.
- Carry out field operations to arrest drug offenders
- Monitor and gather intelligence and evidence against drug offenders
- Conduct undercover operations against drug traffickers
- Put up investigation papers to prosecute drug offenders in Court
- Conduct preventive drug education talks for youths and organisations
- Administer the urine supervision regime, which includes urine testing, case work and management of public enquiries
- Professionally engage members of public, which includes the families of suspected drug offenders, to explain the process and rationale of the urine supervision regime
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A NARCOTICS OFFICER (DIRECT-ENTRY SERGEANT)?
- Enjoy and able to work effectively in teams
- Passion and perseverance
- Able to remain calm during operations and raids
- Resourceful and quick thinking to tackle challenging situations
- Good communication skills
- Good stress-coping abilities
- Physically fit and active
- Commitment to work irregular and additional hours
- Singapore Citizen
- Male applicants must have completed National Service with a medical fitness of PES 'A' or 'B'
- Good physical fitness
- Normal colour vision
Starting salaries will vary according to assessment during the interviews, relevant/useful work experience and completion of full-time National Service (for males).
Home Affairs Uniformed Services (HUS) Direct-Entry Sergeant
$1,826 - $2,572
Sign-on bonus of $10,000 will be awarded to Direct-Entry Sergeants with full ‘A’ Level or Diploma (5 local Polys/ IB/ NAFA/ LASALLE/ NUS High School, etc.) – given in two tranches of $3,000 and $7,000.
INVEST RETIREMENT PLAN:
You will be eligible for retirement benefits under the INVEST Scheme. A monthly contribution based on a percentage of your gross salary will be credited into your Retirement Account starting from your 5th year of service. These contributions are expected to grow with interest and upon retirement, you can withdraw the full sum from your account.
You will undergo six months of basic training (residential) at the Home Team Academy, where you will study criminal law and undergo physical training, weapons handling and leadership development.
You are required to sign a two-year training bond, which will commence after the six months of basic training. Should you terminate your service during the training or within the two-year bond period, you will be required to pay a financial penalty.
Upon completion of the basic training, you will embark on postings to undergo on-the-job training while you gain valuable operational experience. During this time, you will also attend courses/training to further equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out your duties effectively.
WELFARE AND BENEFITS:
- Annual vacation leave of 14 – 18 days
- Annual medical leave of 14 days or 60 days with hospitalisation
- Annual study leave of 12 days (subject to approval)
- Subsidised medical and dental fees
- Performance, mid-year and year-end bonuses (subject to work performance)
- Professional learning and development benefits
- Retention and retirement benefits
- Comprehensive group insurance scheme
NS DUTY (FOR MALES):
Upon joining CNB, you will be disrupted from all NSman (reservist) activities. The disruption will be revoked should you leave the Bureau subsequently.