Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested 100 suspected drug offenders in an island-wide drug operation from 17 to 21 January 2022. During the operation, controlled drugs of about 5,640g of heroin, 1,744g of ‘Ice’, 1,308g of cannabis, 5g of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), 24 LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) stamps, more than 3,000 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 654 Erimin-5 tablets, and three bottles of methadone were seized. These drugs have an estimated street value of more than $835,000.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation included Jurong West, Pasir Ris and Woodlands. The total amount of drugs seized in the operation is sufficient to feed 2,690 heroin abusers, 1,000 ‘Ice’ abusers and 190 cannabis abusers for a week.
19 January 2022: Two men arrested in the vicinity of Circuit Road and Telok Blangah Rise
3. In one of the cases in the island-wide operation, CNB officers arrested a 61-year-old stateless man in the vicinity of Circuit Road for suspected drug offences on 19 January morning. About 54g of heroin and 8g of cannabis were recovered from the 61-year-old man.
4. In a follow-up operation conducted on the same day, CNB officers arrested a 35-year-old Singaporean man in the vicinity of Telok Blangah Rise for suspected drug trafficking offences. About 870g of heroin, 292g of ‘Ice’, 28 nitrazepam tablets and various drug paraphernalia were recovered from the 35-year-old man.
Photo 1 (CNB): About 870g heroin and 292g of ‘Ice’ recovered from a 35-year-old Singaporean man in the vicinity of Telok Blangah Rise in a CNB operation conducted on 19 January 2022.
19 January 2022: Four men arrested in the vicinity of Fajar Road
5. In the evening of 19 January in a separate raid, CNB officers, supported by officers from Singapore Police Force (SPF), arrested a 44-year-old Singaporean man at the ground level of an apartment block in the vicinity of Fajar Road and recovered about 2g of heroin from him. The 44-year-old man was then escorted to his residential unit in the same block, where two other Singaporean men aged 39 and 58 were arrested in the same unit. About 120g of heroin, 11g of ‘Ice’, and various drug paraphernalia were seized from the unit after a search. A 30-year-old Singaporean man was later arrested in the same vicinity for suspected drug abuse.
Photo 2 (CNB): One of the drug paraphernalia seized from a unit in the vicinity of Fajar Road in a CNB operation conducted on 19 January 2022.
19 January 2022: Three men and one woman arrested in the vicinity of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 and Marine Terrace; Kaki Bukit Ave 1 drug store raided
6. In the evening of 19 January, CNB officers arrested two Singaporean men aged 23 and 29, and a 20-year-old Singaporean woman in the in the vicinity of Kaki Bukit Ave 1. About 12g of ‘Ice’ were recovered from the 29-year-old man. The 29-year-old male was also escorted to his residence in the vicinity of Ubi Ave 1, where a minute amount of ‘Ice’ and drug paraphernalia were seized from the unit.
7. The 23-year-old man and 20-year-old woman were then brought to a suspected drug store in an industrial building in the same vicinity of Kaki Bukit Ave 1, where a total of about 4,619g of heroin, 1,434g of ‘Ice’, 1,283g of cannabis, more than 3,000 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 620 Erimin-5 tablets and three bottles of methadone were recovered from one of the rooms in the building. Various drug paraphernalia, and cash amounting to $5,857 were also seized. $3,001 was also recovered from the 23-year-old man.
8. In another follow-up operation conducted in the same evening, a separate party of CNB officers raided a residential unit in Marine Terrace and arrested a 60-year-old Singaporean man. Forced entry had to be effected into the unit as the man refused to heed the lawful orders of the CNB officers to open the door. 2 packets containing about 1g of ‘Ice’ and various drug paraphernalia were seized from the unit.
Photos 3 and 4 (CNB): Some of the drugs seized from a drug store located in the vicinity of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 in a CNB operation conducted on 19 January 2022. The drugs were concealed amongst packages of coffee beans and tea packed into cartons.
Photo 5 (CNB): Other controlled drugs, including heroin, cannabis and bottles of methadone, seized from a suspected drug store located in the vicinity of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 in a CNB operation conducted on 19 January 2022.
Photo 6 (CNB): Controlled drugs, including heroin, ‘Ice’, cannabis, ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and Erimin-5 tablets, recovered from a suspected drug store in the vicinity of Kaki Bukit Ave 1 in a CNB operation conducted on 19 January 2022.
9. AC Leon Chan, Deputy Director of Central Narcotics Bureau (Operations), said of the island-wide operation:
“CNB officers will continue to keep a close watch on the ground for drug activities and continue with our robust enforcement to deter drug traffickers and take them off our streets. Our laws are tough and well known. Anyone who chooses to harm others by selling and trafficking drugs know the serious consequences that their actions will bring.”
10. Investigations into the drug activities of all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
21 January 2022