Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested 100 suspected drug offenders in an island-wide drug operation from 18 to 22 July 2022. During the operation, controlled drugs of about 194g of heroin, 657g of ‘Ice’, 9,339g of cannabis, 104g of ketamine, 7g of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), 236g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, one Erimin-5 tablet, one LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) stamp and six bottles of liquid suspected to contain GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate), with an estimated street value of $470,000, were seized. The seizure of 9,339g of cannabis can feed the addiction of about 1,330 abusers for a week.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation included Boon Lay, Changi, Sengkang and Toa Payoh.
19 July 2022: Man arrested in the vicinity of Sumang Walk
3. In one of the cases in the island-wide operation, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Sumang Walk and arrested a 56-year-old Singaporean man for suspected drug trafficking offences in the early morning of 19 July. About 66g of heroin and 16g of ‘Ice’ were seized from the unit, along with various drug paraphernalia and cash amounting to about $4,327.
Photos 1 and 2 (CNB): Packets of heroin and ‘Ice’, and various drug paraphernalia seized from a residential unit in the vicinity of Sumang Walk in a CNB operation on 19 July 2022.
Photo 3 (CNB): Cash seized from a residential unit in the vicinity of Sumang Walk in a CNB operation on 19 July 2022.
21 July 2022: Man and woman arrested in the vicinity of Haig Road
4. In the afternoon of 21 July, CNB officers arrested a 46-year-old Singaporean woman and a 41-year-old male foreign national in a private residential enclave located in the vicinity of Haig Road. About 7g of ‘Ice’ and cash amounting to $15,940 were recovered from the 46-year-old woman, while cash amounting to about $8,300, including foreign currencies, was recovered from the 41-year-old man.
5. Both suspects were then escorted to their hideout in the same vicinity, where about 327g of ‘Ice’, 18g of cannabis, 103g of ketamine, 62g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, one LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) stamp, and various drug paraphernalia were recovered. Another package containing about 1g of ‘Ice’ was later recovered by CNB officers in the compound of the residential enclave.
Photo 4 (CNB): Some of the controlled drugs, including ‘Ice’, cannabis and ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, seized in the vicinity of Haig Road from a CNB operation conducted on 21 July 2022.
21 July 2022: Five men arrested in the vicinity of Geylang
6. In another operation conducted on 21 July, CNB officers arrested four male foreign nationals, aged between 22 and 30, in the vicinity of Lorong 7 Geylang. A 25-year-old male foreign national had attempted to evade arrest, and was arrested by CNB officers after a short chase. About 5g of ‘Ice’, 32g of cannabis, and 4g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets were recovered from a 29-year-old male foreign national, and about 3g of cannabis was recovered from a 30-year-old male foreign national. Cash amounting to $19,900 was also seized from the 25-year-old male foreign national. Prior to their arrest, the men were believed to have discarded a package in the same vicinity. Officers later recovered the package, which contained cash amounting to $14,630.
7. The 29-year-old male foreign national was escorted to his hideout in the vicinity of Lorong 9 Geylang, where about 111g of heroin, 234g of ‘Ice’, 9,282g of cannabis and 170g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets were further recovered. A 35-year-old male foreign national who later came to the residential unit was also arrested for suspected drug offences.
Photo 5 (CNB): Some of the cannabis bundles seized from a unit in the vicinity of Lorong 9 Geylang in a CNB operation on 21 July 2022.
Photo 6 (CNB): Some of the controlled drugs, including cannabis and ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, and cash seized in the vicinity of Geylang from a CNB operation conducted on 21 July 2022.
8. Under Section 5 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1973, it is an offence for a person, on his or her own behalf, or on behalf of any other person, whether or not that other person is in Singapore, to traffic in a controlled drug, offer to traffic in a controlled drug; or to do or offer to do any act preparatory to or for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled drug. If a person is found guilty of trafficking more than 15g of pure heroin (diamorphine), 250g of methamphetamine or 500g of cannabis, he or she may face the mandatory death penalty.
Photo 7 (CNB): A suspected drug offender arrested in an island-wide drug operation conducted by CNB from 18 to 22 July 2022.
9. Investigations into the drug activities of all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
23 July 2022