Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested 134 suspected drug offenders in an island-wide anti-drug operation from 8 to 20 October 2023, including from a joint operation with the Immigration
& Checkpoints Authority (ICA) which led to the detection and seizure of about 8,960g of cannabis. A total of about 1,296g of heroin, 373g of ‘Ice’, 9,605g of cannabis, 1g of ketamine, 596g of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), 103
‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 111 Erimin-5 tablets, three LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) stamps and two bottles of GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) were seized. The drugs have an estimated street value of about $606,000. The youngest arrested in this
island-wide operation were two 14-year-old suspected male drug offenders.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation included Bedok, Clementi Hougang, River Valley and Tiong Bahru.
Two 14-year-olds among three Singaporeans arrested for suspected drug offences on 8 October 2023
3. In the afternoon of 8 October, acting on information, the Police arrested a 14-year-old boy for suspected drug offences in a residential unit in the vicinity of Yishun Street 51. About 1g of ‘Ice’
and various drug paraphernalia were recovered. The case was referred to CNB for further investigations.
4. CNB officers subsequently launched a follow-up operation later in the evening and arrested another 14-year-old boy and his brother, a 22-year-old man, in a residential unit in the vicinity of Canberra Street
for suspected drug offences. A search was conducted and about 17g of ‘Ice’ and various drug paraphernalia were seized.
Arrest of two Singaporeans for suspected drug offences on 17 October 2023
5. In the afternoon of 17 October, CNB officers raided a commercial unit in the vicinity of Serangoon North and arrested a 35-year-old Singaporean man and a 56-year-old Singaporean woman for suspected drug offences
therein. About 979g of heroin, 250g of cannabis and 19g of ‘Ice’ were seized. Officers then escorted the man and woman to a residential unit in the vicinity of Woodlands Drive 62, where about 25g of heroin were seized.
Photos 1 and 2 (CNB): Controlled drugs, including heroin, seized in a commercial unit in the vicinity of Serangoon North in a CNB operation conducted on 17 October 2023.
Photo 3 (CNB): A suspected drug offender arrested by CNB officers in an island-wide drug operation from 8 to 20 October 2023.
6. Under Section 5 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1973, it is an offence for a person, on his or her own behalf, or on behalf of any other person, whether or not that other person is in Singapore, to traffic in
a controlled drug, offer to traffic in a controlled drug; or to do or offer to do any act preparatory to or for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled drug. If a person is found guilty of trafficking more than 15g of diamorphine or “pure
heroin”, he or she may face the mandatory death penalty.
7. Investigations into all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
21 October 2023