A total of 162 suspected drug offenders were arrested in an island-wide operation conducted by the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) from 14 to 25 September 2020. In this two-week island-wide operation, a total of about 870g of heroin, about 586g of ‘Ice’, about 176g of ketamine, about 47g of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), 322 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 203 Erimin-5 tablets and 13 bottles containing GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate), estimated to be worth about $260,500 were seized. The youngest arrested in this island-wide operation is a 14-year-old Singaporean female suspected drug abuser.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation include Jurong West, Bukit Panjang, Paya Lebar, Balestier and Tampines.
Arrests of two Singaporeans in the vicinity of Eng Hoon Street on 14 September 2020
3. In one of the cases in this island-wide operation, CNB officers arrested a 38-year-old Singaporean male for suspected drug trafficking activities in the vicinity of Eng Hoon Street on 14 September. A total of ten ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and a packet containing about 3g of powdered mixture, believed to contain a mix of ‘Ice’ and ‘Ecstasy’, were recovered.
4. The 38-year-old suspect was brought to his hideout in the same vicinity, where a 30-year-old Singaporean female was arrested therein. A search was conducted in the unit, and 55 packets containing about 322g of ‘Ice’, 51 packets containing about 148g of ketamine, 31 packets containing 185 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 88 Erimin-5 tablets, and a packet containing about 11g of powdered mixture, believed to contain a mix of ‘Ice’ and ‘Ecstasy’, were seized. Cash amounting to $20,000 and various drug paraphernalia were also recovered from the unit.
Photo 1 (CNB): Some of the drugs recovered from a unit in the vicinity of Eng Hoon Street on 14 September 2020.
Arrests of five Singaporeans in the vicinity of Beach Road on 24 September 2020
5. In another case during this island-wide operation, CNB officers raided two hotel rooms located in the vicinity of Beach Road, and arrested five Singaporeans, comprising four males and one female aged between 34 and 56. A total of 122 packets containing about 858g of heroin, 71 packets containing about 133g of ‘Ice’, 104 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and one Erimin-5 tablet were recovered from two rooms in the hotel. A ‘Karambit’ knife was also seized in one of the rooms, along with various drug paraphernalia.
6. When CNB raided the room, it was found that a 35-year-old male suspected drug trafficker had his 12-year-old son with him, and the drugs displayed openly in front of his son in the room. The boy's mother, a 36-year-old, was also arrested during the raid for suspected drug offences. Appropriate arrangements were made to ensure that the welfare of the 12-year-old boy was taken care of. The boy was subsequently placed in the safe custody of a next-of-kin.
Photo 2 (CNB): Packets of heroin strewn on floor in one of the hotel rooms located in the vicinity of Beach Road, in a CNB raid on 24 September 2020.
7. Investigations into the drug activities of all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
25 SEPTEMBER 2020