A total of 168 suspected drug offenders were arrested in an island-wide operation conducted by the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) from 5 to 16 October 2020. In this two-week island-wide operation, a total of about 433g of ‘Ice’, about 303g of heroin, about 561g of cannabis, about 1g of ketamine, about 61g of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), 19 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 19 Erimin-5 tablets, 12 bottles of cannabis vape cartridges, eight bottles of black liquid believed to contain opium, and one bottle of liquid believed to contain GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) were seized. The drugs seized are estimated to be worth about $163,000.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation include Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Merah, Woodlands, Hougang and Chai Chee.
7 October 2020: Arrests of three subjects in the vicinity of Jalan Jintan
3. On 7 October 2020, in one of the cases in this island-wide operation, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Jalan Jintan, and arrested two female foreign nationals therein, one 43-year-old and another 39-year-old. A 55-year-old Singaporean male who later entered the same unit was also promptly arrested for suspected drug activities. A total of eight packets containing about 28g of ‘Ice’ and two packets containing about 3g of cannabis were recovered in the unit. Cash amounting to S$4,462, along with various drug paraphernalia, were also recovered.
14 October 2020: Arrests of three Singaporeans in the vicinity of Yishun Street 51
4. On 14 October 2020, in another case, CNB officers raided the residence of a 31-year-old Singaporean female in the vicinity of Yishun Street 51. As the occupants of the unit refused officers entry despite officers repeatedly identifying themselves, forced entry had to be effected. The 31-year-old female, along with a 19-year-old Singaporean male and a 17-year-old Singaporean female were arrested in the unit for suspected drug activities. A packet containing about 0.3g of ‘Ice’ was also seized from the unit.
5. The 3-year-old daughter of the 31-year-old female was also present in the unit. Arrangements were made to ensure that the welfare of the 3-year-old girl was taken care of. The girl was subsequently placed in the safe custody of a next-of-kin.
6. Investigations into the drug activities of all arrested suspects are ongoing.
Photos 1 and 2 (CNB) – Packets of ‘Ice’ seized during an island-wide operation conducted by CNB from 5 to 16 October 2020.
Photos 3 (CNB) – Various drug paraphernalia seized during an island-wide operation conducted by CNB from 5 to 16 October 2020, which saw the arrest of 168 suspected drug offenders.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
16 October 2020