- About 2kg of cannabis and 466g of heroin were seized in an operation conducted by the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) on 5 September 2017, with three suspected drug traffickers arrested. The drugs seized in this operation are estimated to be worth more
- In the morning of 5 September 2017, CNB officers were deployed in the vicinity of Woodlands Town Garden’s carpark to conduct observation on a suspected local drug trafficker. At around 11.00am, CNB officers spotted the suspect, a 29-year-old male
Singaporean, arriving at the carpark in a car.
- A short while later, officers observed a male motorcycle rider approaching the car. Upon reaching the car, the rider opened the front passenger door of the car, and handed over a bag to the 29-year-old Singaporean. Thereafter, the car departed from
the carpark, while the motorcycle rider picked up a male subject a short distance away. CNB officers apprehended the motorcycle rider (26-year-old male Malaysian) and passenger (21-year-old male Malaysian) before they could leave the carpark.
- Another party of CNB officers effected arrest of the Singaporean suspect when the car came to a stop at the junction of Jalan Toa Payoh and Upper Serangoon Road. A search of the car recovered about 2kg of cannabis and 466g of heroin - packed in various
bundles – from the front passenger area of the car. Cash of more than S$4,000 was also recovered.
- Investigations into the drug activities of all the suspects are ongoing. The Misuse of Drugs Act provides for the death penalty for those convicted of trafficking in more than 500g of cannabis. 1,000g of cannabis is sufficient to feed the addiction
of about 143 drug abusers for a week.
- The Central Narcotics Bureau would like to remind the public that cannabis is a Class A controlled drug listed under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Unauthorised consumption, possession, trafficking, import or export of any Class A controlled drug is an offence.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
6 SEPTEMBER 2017
Photo 1 (CNB): Cannabis, heroin and cash seized in CNB operation on 5 September 2017.