- In the latest island-wide operation from 3 July 2017 to the morning of 7 July 2017, the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested a total of 68 drug offenders. A total of about 461g of Synthetic Cannabis, 48g of Cannabis, 303g of Heroin, 40g of Ice, 98 Ecstasy tablets, 74 Yaba tablets, five Erimin-5 tablets, one LSD stamp were seized. The estimated street value of the seized drugs is about S$29,375.
- The operation was supported by the Singapore Police Force and the areas covered included Bedok Reservoir, Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Chai Chee, Punggol, Tampines and Woodlands.
Suspected synthetic cannabis trafficker arrested
- In one of the cases during this island-wide operation, on 5 July night, CNB officers arrested a 41-year-old male Singaporean suspected synthetic cannabis trafficker in the vicinity of Haig Road. A search of the man’s residence in the same vicinity recovered about 96g of suspected synthetic cannabis. Two digital weighing scales were also seized in the unit.
Photo: Suspected synthetic cannabis seized in a 5 Jul 2017 operation off Haig Road
Heroin trafficker arrested
- In another separate case, a 42-year-old male Singaporean suspected drug trafficker was arrested in the vicinity of Bedok Reservoir Road in the afternoon of 5 July. CNB officers searched the unit that the suspected drug trafficker was operating from and recovered about 240g of heroin, a digital weighing scale and numerous empty plastic sachets.
Photo 2: Drugs seized during CNB operation on 5 Jul 2017 off Bedok Reservoir Road
- Investigations into the drug activities of all the arrested persons are ongoing. The Misuse of Drugs Act provides for the death penalty if the amount of diamorphine (or pure heroin) trafficked exceeds 15g. 15g of diamorphine is equivalent to 1,250 straws, which is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 180 abusers for a week.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
7 JULY 2017