Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested 71 suspected drug offenders in an island-wide anti-drug operation from 19 to 24 November 2023. A total of about 881g of heroin,
193g of ‘Ice’, 137g of cannabis, one Erimin-5 tablet, and cash amounting to $22,580.15 were seized. The drugs have an estimated street value of about $157,000. The youngest arrested in this island-wide operation was an 18-year-old suspected
male drug offender.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation included Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Batok, Kallang and Punggol.
24-year-old Singaporean arrested for suspected drug offences on 19 November 2023
3. In the evening of 19 November, CNB officers launched an operation and arrested a 24-year-old Singaporean man in the vicinity of Pasir Ris Street 11 for suspected drug offences. During the course of operation,
officers spotted the man climbing out of a window of a residential unit located on the second floor in a bid to evade arrest. The man was eventually arrested on the ground level and escorted to his residential unit where about 11g of ‘Ice’,
various drug paraphernalia, a knuckle duster and a ‘Karambit’ knife were recovered.
Photo 1 (CNB): Knuckle duster and ‘Karambit’ knife seized from a residential unit in the vicinity of Pasir Ris Street 11 in a CNB operation conducted on 19 November 2023.
Arrest of two Singaporeans for suspected drug trafficking offences on 20 November 2023
4. In the morning of 20 November, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Redhill Close and arrested a 64-year-old Singaporean man for suspected drug trafficking offences therein. Forced
entry was effected as the man had refused to heed the lawful orders of the officers to open the door. A search was conducted and about 81g of heroin, 13g of ‘Ice’ and cash amounting to $22,580.15 were seized.
5. In another operation conducted later in the afternoon, CNB officers arrested a 52-year-old Singaporean man in his hideout located in the vicinity of Champions Way for suspected drug trafficking offences.
Forced entry was effected as the suspect had refused to comply with the lawful orders of the officers to open the door. About 679g of heroin and 95g of ‘Ice’ were seized from the hideout.
Photo 2 (CNB): Controlled drugs, including heroin, seized in the vicinity of Redhill Close in a CNB operation conducted on 20 November 2023.
Photos 3 and 4 (CNB): $22,580.15 of cash seized in the vicinity of Redhill Close in a CNB operation conducted on 20 November 2023.
Photo 5 (CNB): A suspected drug offender arrested by CNB officers in an island-wide drug operation from 19 to 24 November 2023.
6. Under Section 5 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1973, it is an offence for a person, on his or her own behalf, or on behalf of any other person, whether or not that other person is in Singapore, to traffic
in a controlled drug, offer to traffic in a controlled drug; or to do or offer to do any act preparatory to or for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled drug. If a person is found guilty of trafficking more than 15g of diamorphine or “pure
heroin”, he or she may face the mandatory death penalty.
7. Investigations into all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
28 November 2023