Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested 71 suspected drug offenders in an island-wide drug operation from 19 to 23 September 2022. During the operation, controlled drugs of about 158g of heroin, 77g of ‘Ice’, 90g of cannabis, 1g of New Psychoactive
Substances (NPS), 28 Erimin-5 tablets and 15 bottles of liquid suspected to contain GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) were seized. These drugs have an estimated street value of about $26,000.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide
operation included Bedok, Kallang and Tampines.
20 September 2022: Two suspected drug abusers arrested in the vicinity of Geylang Road
3. In one of the cases on 20 September, CNB officers had conducted an anti-drug operation at a residential unit in the vicinity of Geylang Road. Despite repeated warnings by officers, the occupants of the unit, a 36-year-old Singaporean male
and 38-year-old Singapore Permanent Resident female, refused to open the door. Officers observing the unit then spotted them climbing out of the unit’s window onto the rooftop to evade arrest. The 36-year-old man then climbed into another unit
and was later arrested, while the 38-year-old woman was arrested by officers on the rooftop.
4. The duo were escorted back to their residential unit, where 12g of ‘Ice’ and various drug paraphernalia were seized. Offensive weapons,
including batons, samurai swords and knives, were also recovered from within.
Photos 1 and 2 (CNB): An assortment of offensive weapons, including batons, samurai swords and knives, were recovered from a shophouse unit in the vicinity of Geylang Road in a CNB operation on 20 September 2022.
Photos 3 and 4 (CNB):
Some of the ‘Ice’ and drug paraphernalia seized from a shophouse unit in the vicinity of Geylang Road in a CNB operation on 20 September 2022.
5. Superintendent Lee Pin How, Commanding Officer of Enforcement ‘F’
and ‘L’ Division, said of the island-wide operation:
"Drugs have no place in our society – they have a devastating impact on individuals, families and communities. While under the influence of drugs, abusers put themselves and others around them at risk. Despite the danger that my officers face on the job, they remain dedicated to keeping drugs off our streets and our community, especially the young and vulnerable from the menace of drugs.”
6. Investigations into all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
23 September 2022