Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested 84 suspected drug offenders in an island-wide drug operation from 10 to 14 April 2022. During the operation, controlled drugs of about 231g of heroin, 304g of ‘Ice’, 36g of ketamine, 113 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, eight Erimin-5 tablets and 16 bottles of liquid suspected to contain GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) were seized. These drugs have an estimated street value of more than $70,000.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation included Hougang, Telok Blangah, and Yishun. The youngest arrested is a 16-year-old male Singaporean for suspected drug abuse.
11 April 2022: Man and woman arrested in the vicinity of North Bridge Road
3. In one of the cases in the island-wide operation, CNB officers arrested two Singaporeans, a 27-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman, in the vicinity of North Bridge Road for suspected drug offences on 11 April afternoon. About 102g of ‘Ice’ and various drug paraphernalia were recovered from the vehicle that the man was driving. The officers also raided the man’s suspected hideout in the vicinity of Jalan Sultan, and various drug paraphernalia were further recovered.
Photo 1 (CNB): About 102g of ‘Ice’ and various drug paraphernalia, including drug-taking apparatus, syringes and weighing scales, recovered from a vehicle in the vicinity of Circuit Road in a CNB operation on 11 April 2022.
12 April 2022: Three men arrested in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 10
4. In the morning of 12 April, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 and arrested a 55-year-old Singaporean man for suspected drug trafficking offences. Forced entry was effected as the man had refused to comply with the lawful orders of the officers. A total of about 174g of heroin and 6g of ‘Ice’, along with various drug paraphernalia, were seized from the unit.
5. On the same day, CNB conducted a follow-up operation to arrest the 55-year-old’s drug clients. Two Singaporean men, aged 44 and 45, were subsequently arrested in the same vicinity. A minute amount of heroin was recovered from both men, and drug paraphernalia was also recovered from the 45-year-old man.
Photo 2 (CNB): Straws of heroin and various drug paraphernalia seized from a residential unit in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 in a CNB operation on 12 April 2022.
Photo 3 (CNB): Various drug paraphernalia seized in a residential unit in the vicinity of Joo Chiat Road in a CNB operation on 13 April 2022.
6. SUPT Mohd Hamzah Yusop, Director of Enforcement Division Sector 1, said of the island-wide operation:
“This island-wide operation is part of CNB’s sustained commitment to keep our streets safe from the scourge of drugs. Our officers have been diligent in following up on all drug leads, and we will spare no effort to track down both drug traffickers and drug abusers.”
7. Under Section 5 of the Misuse of Drugs Act, it is an offence for a person, on his or her own behalf, or on behalf of any other person, whether or not that other person is in Singapore, to traffic in a controlled drug, offer to traffic in a controlled drug; or to do or offer to do any act preparatory to or for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled drug. If a person is found guilty of trafficking more than 15g of pure heroin (diamorphine), he or she may face the mandatory death penalty.
8. Investigations into the drug activities of all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
14 April 2022