In the latest drug bust by CNB officers on 13 February 2020, a total of about 2,050g of heroin, 296g of ‘Ice’, 902g of cannabis, 97g of Ketamine, 693 Erimin-5 pills and 399 “Ecstasy” tablets were seized. The drugs seized were worth more than S$207,000. Cash amounting to close to S$163,000 was also recovered during the operation that took place in multiple locations in Singapore.
2. In the early morning of 13 February 2020, CNB officers deployed at a carpark in the vicinity of Tampines Street 24 observed a meet-up involving a 25-year-old Malaysian male with two Singaporean males, aged 51 and 63. The suspects parted ways shortly and officers swiftly moved in to arrest the 51-year-old Singaporean male at the carpark. His 48-year-old Singaporean female companion was also arrested. During the arrest, the 51-year-old male suspect put up a struggle to resist arrest and dropped a packet containing about 476g of heroin. A search of his vehicle uncovered about 30g of ‘Ice’, 859g of cannabis and more than 30 packets of heroin totalling about 338g.
3. Both suspects were brought back to their hideouts; a hotel room in the vicinity of Geylang Lorong 10 and a residential unit in the vicinity of Buangkok Link. From within both hideouts, officers recovered a total of about 259g of heroin, 5g of cannabis and a small amount of ‘Ice’. A 48-year-old Singaporean male was also arrested within the residential unit in Buangkok Link.
4. Concurrently, CNB officers following the 25-year-old Malaysian male arrested him at Woodlands Checkpoint. Cash amounting to S$4,410 was recovered from him.
5. Another team of CNB officers, who were continuing observation on the 63-year-old Singaporean male, arrested him in his residential unit in the vicinity of Tampines Street 24. His female companion, a 33-year-old foreign national, was also arrested. From within the unit, officers recovered a total of about 130g of heroin, 124g of ‘Ice’, 30g of Ketamine, 126 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 3 Erimin-5 pills and cash of S$6,500. Cash amounting to S$151,985 was also seized from a safe within the unit.
6. Both the 63-year-old male and his companion were brought to another of their hideout in the vicinity of Ubi Avenue 1. From their bedroom, officers seized about 371g of heroin, 115g of ‘Ice’, 32g of cannabis, 67g of Ketamine, 690 Erimin-5 pills and 273 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets. Five other female foreign nationals aged between 25 and 35, who were suspected to be drug abusers, were also arrested in the unit. About 2g of ‘Ice’ and 5g of cannabis were recovered from one of their rooms.
7. In a follow-up operation, officers arrested a 58-year-old suspected drug trafficker and six other suspected drug abusers, aged between 53 and 67, in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 1. All seven of them are Singaporeans. A total of about 476g of heroin, 25g of ‘Ice’, 1g of cannabis and a bottle of methadone were seized.
8. Investigations into the drug activities of all the suspects are ongoing. 2,050g of heroin, 902g of cannabis and 296g of ‘Ice’ is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 1,270 abusers for a week.
9. CNB will continue to keep up the pressure on drug offenders through regular sustained operations, to keep the streets of Singapore safe from drugs.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
14 FEBRUARY 2020
Photo 1 (CNB): Some of the drugs seized during CNB’s operation on 13 February 2020.
Photo 2 (CNB): A safe containing more than S$150,000 cash recovered during CNB’s operation on 13 February 2020.
Photo 3 (CNB): Some of the drugs seized from a vehicle during CNB’s operation in the vicinity of Tampines Street 24 on 13 February 2020.
Photo 4 (CNB): Some of the drugs recovered in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 during CNB’s operation on 13 February 2020.