On 2 March 2021, the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested seven Singaporeans and one Malaysian, comprising seven males and one female aged between 20 to 71, for suspected drug activities. A total of about 51g of heroin, 2,022g of ‘Ice’, 928g of cannabis, 1g of cocaine, more than 4,000 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, and 106 Erimin-5 tablets were seized, along with cash amounting to $3,000. The drugs seized are estimated to be worth over $326,000.
Arrests of six suspected drug offenders in the vicinity of Jalan Bukit Merah
2. In the evening of 2 March 2021, CNB officers arrested two Singaporean males, aged 65 and 71, at a bus stop in the vicinity of Jalan Bukit Merah for suspected drug-trafficking offences. A search was conducted on both suspects, and a bundle containing about 536g of cannabis was found on the 71-year-old Singaporean male.
3. In the same evening, a separate party of CNB officers raided a residential unit in the same vicinity and arrested three Singaporean males, aged 62 to 68, therein. A search was conducted, and a bundle containing about 320g of cannabis and six Erimin-5 tablets were seized from the unit. About 35g of heroin, 1g of ‘Ice’, 32g of cannabis and cash amounting to $3,000 were also found on the 62-year-old male, while about 16g of heroin and 41g of cannabis were found on the other 62-year-old male.
4. One of the occupants of the unit, a 32-year-old Malaysian male, attempted to evade arrest by scaling out of the window of the unit located on the second storey. In the process, he fell and suffered injuries. He was conveyed conscious to the Singapore General Hospital for medical attention. He is currently in stable condition.
Photo 1 (CNB): Heroin and cannabis seized in the vicinity of Jalan Bukit Merah in a CNB operation on 2 March 2021.
Arrests of two suspected drug offenders in the vicinity of Sumang Walk
5. On the same day, a separate party of CNB officers arrested a 22-year-old Singaporean male and 20-year-old Singaporean female in the vicinity of Sumang Walk. A search was conducted on both suspects, and four packets containing about 431g of ‘Ice’ were found on the 22-year-old male. Both suspects were escorted to their hideout in the same vicinity, where eight packets containing about 231g of ‘Ice’, 1g of cocaine and various drug paraphernalia were further recovered from the residential unit.
6. Both the 22-year-old male and 20-year-old female were subsequently escorted to a carpark in the vicinity of Woodlands Crescent, where about 1,010g of ‘Ice’ and about 1,000 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets were further recovered by CNB officers. The suspects were also escorted to another hideout in the vicinity of Lorong Limau, where about 349g of ‘Ice’, more than 3,000 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, and 100 Erimin-5 tablets were further recovered.
Photo 2 (CNB): ‘Ecstasy’ tablets seized in the vicinity of Lorong Limau in a CNB operation on 2 March 2021.
7. Investigations into the drug activities of all the suspects are ongoing. The total amount of 2,022g of ‘Ice’ that had been seized in the operation is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 1,155 abusers for a week, while the total amount of 928g of cannabis seized is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 130 abusers for a week.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
3 March 2021