Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested 88 suspected drug offenders in an island-wide drug operation from 9 to 13 January 2023. During the operation, controlled drugs of about 37g of heroin, 204g of ‘Ice’, 39g of cannabis, 97g of ketamine, 53 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 224g of tampered drink sachets believed to contain methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), nine Erimin-5 tablets, and two bottles of liquid suspected to contain GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) were seized. These drugs have an estimated street value of more than $56,000.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation included Chai Chee, Dover and Lavender.
11 January 2023: Local family of three arrested with two other Singaporeans in the vicinity of Jalan Bukit Merah
3. CNB officers arrested a 46-year-old man and 47-year-old woman in a commercial building located in the vicinity of Jalan Bukit Merah for suspected drug-related offences on 11 January. Six straws containing about 3g of heroin and various drug paraphernalia were recovered from the man.
4. In a follow-up operation later the same day, CNB raided the woman’s residence, and arrested her 48-year-old husband, their 18-year-old son, and a 50-year-old man within the unit. A total of about 5g of heroin, 28g of cannabis, a small amount of ‘Ice’ and various drug paraphernalia were seized from the residential unit. Preliminary investigations also found that all five persons’ urine tested positive for controlled drugs.
Photos 1 and 2 (CNB): Controlled drugs seized from a residential unit in the vicinity of Jalan Bukit Merah in a CNB operation conducted on 11 January 2023.
11 January 2023: A suspected drug trafficker arrested in the vicinity of Jalan Sultan
5. In the afternoon of 11 January, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Jalan Sultan, and arrested a 52-year-old Singaporean man for suspected drug trafficking activities. A total of about 31g of ‘Ice’, 6g of cannabis, 30g of ketamine, 18 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 2g of substances believed to be controlled drugs, and various drug paraphernalia were recovered from the unit. The man was escorted to his vehicle parked in the same vicinity, and about 30g of ketamine and 224g of tampered drink sachets believed to contain methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) were seized from his vehicle.
Photo 3 (CNB): Tampered drink sachets believed to contain methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) seized from a vehicle in the vicinity of Jalan Sultan in a CNB operation conducted on 11 January 2023.
6. Superintendent Lee Pin How, Commanding Officer of CNB Enforcement ‘F’ and ‘L’ Division, said of the island-wide operation:
“Drugs have a devastating impact on individuals, families and communities – abusers are robbed of the opportunity to live their lives to the fullest, relationships are destroyed, and the larger community pays a hefty price in dealing with the wide-ranging consequences that drug abuse can bring. CNB will continue to persevere in safeguarding a safe and drug-free society for our people and our children.”
7. Investigations into all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
13 January 2023