In the latest drug bust by Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) officers on 21 September 2020, a total of six suspected drug offenders, comprising four men and two women aged between 33 and 65, were arrested at multiple locations in Singapore. A total of about 5,130g of heroin, about 1,125g of ‘Ice’, about 13g of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), and 20 Erimin-5 tablets, estimated to be worth almost S$700,000, were seized. Cash amounting to $174,000 was also recovered during the operation.
2. In the afternoon of 21 September, CNB officers intercepted a vehicle in the vicinity of Sunset Way, and arrested two Singaporeans, a 44-year-old male and 37-year-old female. A search of the vehicle was conducted, and ten packets containing about 80g of heroin were recovered. Prior to the arrest, the 44-year-old male met up with a 63-year-old Singaporean male.
3. In a follow-up operation, a separate party of CNB officers raided a unit in the vicinity of Bukit Batok Street 31, where the 63-year-old male, suspected of drug trafficking, was believed to be. As the occupants of the unit refused to allow officers to enter despite officers repeatedly identifying themselves, officers had to effect forced entry into the unit. However, before officers could gain entry, the 63-year-old male climbed out of the kitchen window and fell from height. He was pronounced dead by Singapore Civil Defence Force officers who responded to the scene.
4. A 65-year-old Singaporean male and a 33-year-old female foreign national were arrested in the unit. A total of about 4,790g of heroin, about 1,124g of ‘Ice’, three packets containing about 13g of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), and 20 Erimin-5 tablets were recovered from the toilet bowl and various locations in the unit. Cash amounting to $174,000, along with various drug paraphernalia, were also recovered from the unit.
Photo 1 (CNB): Heroin disposed in toilet bowl at a unit in the vicinity of Bukit Batok Street 31, during a CNB raid on 21 September 2020.
Photo 2 (CNB): A total of about 4,790g of heroin, about 1,124g of ‘Ice’, and cash amounting to $174,000 were recovered from a unit in the vicinity of Bukit Batok Street 31, during a CNB raid on 21 September 2020.
5. In another follow-up operation in the evening of 21 September, CNB officers raided a shophouse unit in the vicinity of Tanjong Pagar Road and arrested two Singaporean males, aged 62 and 64. A total of 35 packets, containing about 260g of heroin, and 1g of ‘Ice’, were seized from the unit.
6. Investigations into the drug activities of all the suspects are ongoing, and the Police are investigating the death of the 63-year-old Singaporean male. The total amount of 5,130g of heroin seized, is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 2,440 abusers for a week, while the total amount of 1,125g of ‘Ice’ seized, is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 640 abusers for a week.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
22 SEPTEMBER 2020