Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) officers arrested seven Singaporeans, aged between 28 and 41, in two anti-drug operations conducted on 17 August 2022. A total of about 3,779g of heroin, 14g of ‘Ice’, 26g of cannabis, 2g of vegetable matter believed to contain controlled drugs, and five tablets believed to be controlled drugs, with an estimated street value of $268,000, were seized during both operations. The seizure of 3,779g of heroin can feed the addiction of about 1,780 abusers for a week.
Arrest of three suspected drug offenders in the vicinity of Boon Lay Drive
2. In the morning of 17 August, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Boon Lay Drive, and arrested a 37-year-old man and 39-year-old man. Both men had put up a violent struggle to evade arrest, and necessary force was used to subdue them. A 41-year-old woman who was hiding behind a rack in the unit was also promptly arrested by the CNB officers. About 26g of cannabis, three tablets believed to be controlled drugs and various drug paraphernalia were seized from the unit, while about 26g of heroin and 10g of ‘Ice’ were recovered from the 39-year-old man’s belongings.
3. Prior to the arrest, substances believed to be controlled drugs were suspected to have been discarded into the rubbish chute. Officers later recovered the substances, which included seven bundles and packets containing about 2,529g of heroin, along with various drug paraphernalia.
Photos 1 and 2 (CNB): A 41-year-old woman had hid behind a rack in a residential unit in the vicinity of Boon Lay Drive to evade arrest in a CNB operation conducted on 17 August 2022.
Photos 3 and 4 (CNB): A blue bag, which contained heroin and ‘Ice’, recovered from a rubbish chute in the vicinity of Boon Lay Drive in a CNB operation conducted on 17 August 2022.
Photo 5 (CNB): A total of about 2,555g of heroin, 10g of ‘Ice’ and 26g of cannabis were seized in a CNB operation in the vicinity of Boon Lay Drive on 17 August 2022.
Arrest of four suspected drug offenders in the vicinity of Fernvale Street and Clementi Road
4. In another operation conducted on the same day, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Fernvale Street, and arrested a 30-year-old man and 28-year-old woman for suspected drug offences. A total of about 1,139g of heroin, 4g of ‘Ice’, 2g of vegetable matter believed to contain controlled drugs and one tablet believed to be a controlled drug were recovered from the unit, along with various drug paraphernalia.
5. In a follow-up operation conducted in the evening, CNB officers intercepted a vehicle in the vicinity of Clementi Road, and arrested a 29-year-old man and 40-year-old man. About 85g of heroin and one tablet believed to be a controlled drug were recovered from the vehicle.
Photo 6 (CNB): Some of the heroin seized in a CNB operation in the vicinity of Fernvale Street on 17 August 2022.
6. Under Section 5 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1973, it is an offence for a person, on his or her own behalf, or on behalf of any other person, whether or not that other person is in Singapore, to traffic in a controlled drug, offer to traffic in a controlled drug; or to do or offer to do any act preparatory to or for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled drug. If a person is found guilty of trafficking more than 15g of pure heroin (diamorphine), he or she may face the mandatory death penalty.
7. Investigations into the drug activities of all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
18 August 2022