Six Singaporeans, including a pair of teenage brothers, were arrested for suspected drug offences in an operation conducted by the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) on 26 July 2023. In this island-wide operation,
about 986g of ‘Ice’, 7,816g of cannabis, 452g of ketamine, 183g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 1,218 Erimin-5 tablets, 31 LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) stamps and 1,319g of unknown liquid suspected to contain controlled drugs, with
a total estimated value of more than $497,000, were seized. An offensive weapon was also recovered. The seizure of 986g of ‘Ice’ can feed the addiction of about 560 abusers for a week, while the seizure of 7,816g of cannabis can feed the
addiction of about 1,110 abusers for a week.
Jurong East Avenue 1: A couple in their early 20s arrested for suspected drug trafficking
2. CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Jurong East Avenue 1 in the afternoon of 26 July 2023, and arrested a 23-year-old man and 22-year-old woman within. A search was conducted, and about 105g of ‘Ice’,
1,248g of cannabis, 30g of ketamine, 228 Erimin-5 tablets, 31 LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) stamps, 106g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and 1,319g of unknown liquid suspected to contain controlled drugs were recovered.
Yishun Avenue 6: A 23-year-old woman arrested for suspected drug trafficking
3. A separate party of CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Yishun Avenue 6 the same afternoon and arrested a 23-year-old woman. A packet containing about 64g of ‘Ice’ was recovered from her.
Officers who searched the unit seized a total of about 800g of ‘Ice’, 6,470g of cannabis, 162g of ketamine, 77g of ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and 590 Erimin-5 tablets.
Jurong West Avenue 5 and Jurong West Street 74: Two teenage brothers and a man in his late 20s arrested for suspected drug offences
4. A simultaneous raid by CNB officers at a residential unit in the vicinity of Jurong West Avenue 5 was conducted. A pair of teenagers aged 17 and 19 were arrested and about 11g of ‘Ice’ and 23g of cannabis were seized
from the unit. A ‘Karambit’ knife was also recovered. A 28-year-old man was also arrested in the vicinity of Jurong West Street 74, with 4g of ‘Ice’ found on him. CNB officers escorted the man to a riser located in the same
vicinity, and a bag containing about 2g of ‘Ice’, 75g of cannabis, 260g of ketamine and 400 Erimin-5 tablets was recovered.
Photo 1 (CNB): Controlled drugs, including ‘Ice’ and cannabis, seized in the vicinity of Jurong East Avenue 1 in an island-wide operation conducted by CNB on 26 July 2023.
Photo 2 (CNB): A total of about 800g of ‘Ice’, 6,470g of cannabis, 162g of ketamine, 128 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and 590 Erimin-5 seized in a residential unit in the vicinity of Yishun Avenue 6 during a CNB operation
on 26 July 2023.
Photo 3 (CNB): A bag containing about 2g of ‘Ice’, 75g of cannabis, 260g of ketamine and 400 Erimin-5 tablets recovered from a riser in the vicinity of Jurong West Street 74 in a CNB operation conducted on 26 July 2023.
5. DAC Aaron Tang, Director of Intelligence Division, said of the island-wide operation:
“Yesterday’s anti-drug blitz to disrupt the operations of drug syndicates saw large seizures of drugs and the arrests of young drug offenders. Syndicates are heartless and have no qualms in getting young people addicted to drugs and involved
in serious drug offences that carry severe consequences. CNB will continue to keep up the pressure against drug syndicates and traffickers who profit off the misery of drug abusers and their loved ones. Investigations into the drug activities of all
arrested suspects are ongoing and we intend to keep the hunt on for those connected with these cases.”
6. Under Section 5 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1973, it is an offence for a person, on his or her own behalf, or on behalf of any other person, whether or not that other person is in Singapore, to traffic in a controlled drug,
offer to traffic in a controlled drug; or to do or offer to do any act preparatory to or for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled drug. If a person is found guilty of trafficking more than 250g of methamphetamine or 500g of cannabis, he or she
may face the mandatory death penalty.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
27 July 2023