The Ministry of Home Affairs Uniformed Scholarship is offered to highly motivated individuals who are passionate about safeguarding the safety and security of our Home.
If you are passionate about contributing to our cause of a Singapore without drugs, where everyone can work, live and play safely, then we invite you to be an invaluable member of our family. Apply for a uniformed service scholarship with the Central Narcotics Bureau, so that you too can enforce, educate and engage for a drug-free Singapore.
Before you join us as Guardians of a Drug-Free Singapore, you will receive the opportunity to pursue your undergraduate studies at a prestigious local or overseas university.
Upon your return, you can look forward to learning and developmental opportunities through a route map comprising of staff and command appointments. You will also have opportunities to be placed on the Home Team Leaders-In-Development Programme or the Public Service Leadership Programme where you will acquire knowledge to prepare you for appointment to key positions in the Central Narcotics Bureau.
- Narcotics Officer (Direct-Entry Inspector)
Details of Study
Local or overseas universities - Most disciplines (except medicine, dentistry and architecture)
- September to March of the following year
- 4 years for local studies
- 5 years for studies in non-English speaking countries
- 6 years for studies in English speaking countries
Note: The bond period starts on the day Scholarship recipients assume official duty after completing their studies.
The Scholarship Board can decide to offer you the following Scholarship tiers:
- Singapore Merit Scholarship (SMS)
- Singapore Government Scholarship (SGS)
- Local Merit Scholarship (LMS)
- Home Team Local Study Award (HTLSA)
Award Value and Benefits
- Tuition fees and other approved charges
- Monthly overseas or local maintenance allowance (including accommodation)
- Pre-studies allowance e.g., computer, warm clothing
- Return economy class airfare (if overseas)
- Sponsorship for Masters and exchange programmes (if requirements are met)
- NS disruption*
- Full salary for the duration of study (including bonuses)*
*for selected scholarship tiers
- Singapore Citizen or SPR who is intending to take up Singapore Citizenship;
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential;
- Possess strong interest in safeguarding the safety and security of Singapore;
- Have good academic and Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) records;
- Have a GCE A-Levels, International Baccalaureate, Polytechnic, NUS High School, or other high school diploma/certificate;
- Current Undergraduate students (not in final year of studies) may also apply for mid-term scholarship;
- Perform well in National Service (for male applicant);
- Candidates aspiring for the Singapore Merit Scholarship (SMS) tier should qualify and excel in Officer Cadet Course.
To apply for the scholarship, please visit the PSC scholarship portal.