The Singapore Merit Scholarship is awarded to promising students to pursue undergraduate studies at overseas and local universities. Upon graduation, you will pursue a career in the Central Narcotics Bureau, or any uniformed service in the Home Team, where you will be exposed to various areas of work through regular postings to acquire staff and command competencies.
You will also have the opportunity to be placed on the Public Service Leadership Programme where you will acquire specialist knowledge and capabilities to take on key leadership positions in the Home Team Departments, if you meet the criteria.
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents intending to take up Singapore Citizenship
- GCE 'A' Levels (with at least 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma (with Merit), or equivalent
- Strong leadership qualities and good co-curricular activities (CCA) record
- Keen interest in a career with the Home Team
- Candidates must qualify and excel in Officer Cadet School (OCS)
- Male applicants must have a medical fitness of PES status ‘A’ or ‘B’
Value of Awards
- Tuition and other approved fees
- Monthly overseas or local maintenance allowance
- Pre-studies allowance e.g. settling in, warm clothing, computer
- Return airfare for those who pursue their studies in overseas universities
- Sponsorship for Masters and exchange programmes (if requirements are met)
- Full salary for the duration of study
Countries and Courses of Study
Most countries and disciplines (except Medicine, Dentistry and Architecture)
* Applicants intending to pursue a degree in Law will not be called to the Bar while serving in the Home Team.
Condition of Award
The bond is 6 years (overseas universities, English-speaking countries), 5 years (overseas universities, non-English-speaking countries), or 4 years (local universities), starting from the day you assume duty after completing your course of study.
To apply for the scholarship, please visit the PSC scholarship portal.