In an operation conducted by the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) on 23 May 2018, a large assortment of drugs estimated to be worth more than S$28,000 were seized and four suspected drug offenders arrested.
2. In the late afternoon of 23 May, CNB officers arrested a 36-year-old female suspect along Jurong Gateway Road and a search of the vehicle recovered about 935g of cannabis, 118g of 'Ice', 8g of ketamine, 1000 Erimin-5 tablets and 125 'Ecstasy' tablets.
3. Another party of officers arrested a 30-year-old Malaysian male, who was seen together with the 36-year-old female earlier, at his workplace in the same vicinity. Cash amounting to S$2,150 was recovered from the Malaysian male.
4. Follow-up investigations led to the arrest of a 35-year-old Singaporean female at a unit in the vicinity of Bedok North Street 1. The 35-year-old female was the suspected intended recipient of some of the drugs recovered from the 36-year-old female arrested earlier. A search of the unit recovered a small amount of cannabis and some cannabis seeds.
5. Further investigations led to the arrest of a 42-year-old Singaporean male suspect at the residence of the 36-year-old female in the vicinity of Chai Chee Avenue. A small amount of 'Ice' was recovered from within the unit.
6. Investigations into the drug activities of all the suspects are ongoing. Under the Misuse of Drugs Act, those convicted of trafficking in more than 500g of cannabis may face the death penalty. 935g of cannabis is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 134 abusers for a week. 118g of ‘Ice’ is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 67 abusers for a week[*].
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
24 MAY 2018
[*] This is estimated using a typical purity level of about 77%, based on drug seizures in recent years.
Photo-1 (CNB): Cannabis, ‘Ice’, ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, Erimin-5 tablets and cash seized in CNB operation on 23 May 2018.