Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested 134 suspected drug offenders in a two-week island-wide drug operation from 15 to 26 August 2022. During the operation, controlled drugs of about 3,730g of heroin, 866g of ‘Ice’, 5,240g of cannabis,
2g of ketamine, 21g of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), 51 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 108 Erimin-5 tablets, 29 ‘Yaba’ tablets, a bottle of methadone and four bottles of liquid suspected to contain GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate)
were seized. These drugs have an estimated street value of about $555,000.
3. In one of the cases in the island-wide operation, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Chai Chee Avenue, and arrested two Singaporean men, aged 58 and 59, in the early morning of 23 August. A small amount of heroin and a bottle
of methadone were seized from the unit, along with various drug paraphernalia.
4. Prior to the arrest, suspected controlled drugs were believed to have been thrown out of the unit’s window. Officers later recovered the substances, which included three packets and straws containing about 13g of heroin.
Photos 1 and 2 (CNB): CNB officers retrieving suspected controlled drugs from a construction hoarding in the vicinity of Chai Chee Avenue on 23 August 2022. The substances were believed to have been thrown out of a unit’s window prior to the arrest of two suspected drug offenders in a CNB operation conducted on the same day.
23 - 25 August 2022: Two men arrested in the vicinity of Ghim Moh Road
5. On 23 August, Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the Parcel Post Section noticed anomalies in the scanned images of a parcel while performing screening. Upon further checks, officers uncovered a packet of cannabis concealed in a CD case. The case was referred to CNB for further investigations. About 26g of cannabis was found in the packet.
6. In a follow-up operation conducted on 24 and 25 August, CNB officers arrested two Singaporean men, both aged 21, in the vicinity of Ghim Moh Road. About 71g of cannabis was recovered from one of the men. The man was also escorted to his residence in the same vicinity, where another 120g of cannabis and various drug paraphernalia were seized from his residence. An airsoft gun and pellets were also seized from the same man’s vehicle and was referred to Singapore Police Force (SPF) for further investigations.
Photos 3 and 4 (CNB): A packet containing about 26g of cannabis, concealed in a CD case, was found inside a parcel by ICA officers on 23 August 2022.
Photo 5 (CNB): An airsoft gun and pellets seized from a 21-year-old Singaporean man’s vehicle in the vicinity of Ghim Moh Road in a CNB operation on 24 August 2022.
7. Superintendent Christopher Lee, Commanding Officer of Enforcement ‘A’ and ‘E’ Division, said of the island-wide operation:
“The arrests and seizures from this island-wide operation is a testament to the Home Team’s commitment in keeping Singapore safe and secure. CNB will continue to work closely with the Home Team Departments to prevent the flow of drugs both into or within Singapore, and launch timely enforcement operations to neutralise all drug activities.”
8. Investigations into all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
26 August 2022