Credits: Photograph provided by Huamin Primary School
CNB’s Preventive Drug Education (PDE) efforts are focused on getting youths to know about the dangers of drugs and to strengthen their resilience against drugs. In this effort, we work in close collaboration with key partners and stakeholders such
- The community-led National Council Against Drug Abuse (NCADA), to educate youths, parents and educators on the harms and consequences of drug abuse, and grow the anti-drug advocacy movement within the community.
- The Ministry of Education (MOE), to inculcate primary and secondary school students with the right anti-drug attitude from young, to build on their character development and life-skills modules, and deliver PDE messages to youths through schools.
- The National Library Board (NLB) to stage 16 anti-drug skits at public libraries island-wide as part of NLB's Super Storytastic Programme. The purpose is to educate young children on the harms of drugs and how to say NO to drugs, and provide opportunities
for parents to start conversations with their children using teachable moments.
We are constantly looking for new partnerships with schools and local organisations to ensure the future generation of Singaporeans knows about drugs and their harmful effects. So, join us! Keep Singapore drug-free!! Consider taking the first step, either
- Requesting for PDE talks and/or exhibitions to be held in your school/organisation;
- Initiating customised PDE programme; or
- Co-organising customised PDE programmes with us. We can offer resource materials and share our experience.
Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Captain Drug Buster vs Dr. Wacko : The Final Showdown
This is a collaboration between Central Narcotics Bureau and the authors, Ms Jillian Khoo
and Ms Teh Yu Yin.
Join Aida, Pavan and Wei Ming as they embark on a mission with Captain Drug Buster to stop Dr. Wacko from destroying lives with drugs!
The illustrated book, titled “The Captain Drug Buster vs Dr Wacko: The Final Showdown”, serves to educate younger youths on the harms of drug abuse and useful drug refusal tips to inoculate them against drug abuse from a young age. In this book, Captain Drug Buster enlists the help of three students to defeat Dr. Wacko and his drug monsters before they destroy more lives with drugs. The story is told through simple dialogues and illustrations to hold the younger youths’ interest and covers the topic on drug abuse in ways that they can easily relate to e.g. school, family, friends, fear of being left out.
The book, targeted at children aged between 7 and 10 years old, is available for loan from the Public Libraries island-wide with the support of the National Library Board.
You can download the illustrated book by clicking on the image.