You will lead a team of officers to keep Singapore drug-free. From gathering intelligence, planning and carrying out operations, to conducting investigations and engaging and educating the public on the fight against drugs, you need to possess strong leadership and command abilities, perseverance, as well as mental and emotional resilience to perform your responsibilities and tasks efficiently in dynamic situations.
As a Direct-Entry Inspector, you can look forward to:
- Leading a team of officers in a range of assignments, from conducting arrests, raids and house checks to gathering intelligence on drug syndicates and carrying out field operations against drug offenders
- Conducting investigations and surveillance operations to neutralise drug trafficking groups
- Overseeing the supervision regime for drug offenders
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing drug enforcement policies and strategies
- Planning and coordinating info-tech projects to keep Singapore drug-free
- Conducting talks on preventive drug education and CNB's drug enforcement strategies to youths and organisations
$4,800 - $5,143
* Starting salary will vary according to assessment during interviews, relevant work experience and completion of full-time National Service (for male applicants).
Your career will begin with a 9-month residential training programme at the Home Team Academy to prepare you for your role at the Bureau. You will undergo a well-structured curriculum to learn the criminal penal code, criminal and drug laws, investigation techniques, self-defence tactics and weapons handling. The training also includes an overseas leadership training programme.
You are required to serve a 2-year training bond which will commence after the 9-month training programme.
Upon completion of the training programme, you will embark on foundation postings with the Enforcement and Investigation Divisions to gain valuable operational experience as a Narcotics Officer. You will also attend courses and training designed to further equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out your duties effectively.