Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested 58 suspected drug offenders in an island-wide anti-drug operation from 11 to 15 September 2023. About 708g of heroin, 670g of ‘Ice’, 63g of cannabis,
25g of ketamine, 24g and 35 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, 11 Erimin-5 tablets, nine bottles of GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate), and cash amounting to $13,390 were seized. The drugs have an estimated street value of about $294,000. The youngest arrested
in this island-wide operation was a 15-year-old local student.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation included Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Batok, Jurong, Woodlands and Yishun.
52-year-old Singaporean man arrested for suspected drug trafficking offences in the vicinity of Marsiling Road
3. In the morning of 11 September, acting on information received, CNB officers arrested a 52-year-old Singaporean man in the vicinity of Marsiling Road for suspected drug trafficking offences. The man was escorted to
his residential unit where a search was conducted. About 517g of ’Ice’, 9g of ketamine, 9g of cannabis, ‘Ecstasy’ tablets weighing about 10g and various drug paraphernalia were seized. CNB officers also recovered about 73g
of ‘Ice’ from the man’s bag.
Photo 1 (CNB): Controlled drugs, including ’Ice’ and ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, seized in the vicinity of Marsiling Road in a CNB operation conducted on 11 September 2023.
Arrest of two Singaporeans for suspected drug offences in the vicinity of Marsiling Road
4. In the afternoon of 12 September, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Marsiling Road and arrested a 47-year-old Singaporean man and a 36-year-old Singaporean woman for suspected drug offences therein.
Forced entry was effected as the occupants refused to comply with the lawful orders of the officers to open the door. About 505g of heroin and 13g of ‘Ice’ were seized from within the unit.
Photo 2 (CNB): Controlled drugs, including heroin and ‘Ice’, seized in the vicinity of Marsiling Road in a CNB operation conducted on 12 September 2023.
Two suspected drug offenders arrested in the evening of 12 September 2023
5. In the evening of 12 September, arising from investigations following the anti-drug operations at a Joo Chiat nightspot on 7 September1, CNB officers arrested a 28-year-old Singaporean man and a 31-year-old
foreign woman for suspected drug offences. The man was arrested in a hotel in the vicinity of Race Course Road. A search was conducted in the man’s hotel room and about 15g of ketamine, ‘Ecstasy’ tablets weighing about 14g, and cash
amounting to $9,300 were seized. Later the same evening, CNB officers arrested the woman in the vicinity of Petain Road. CNB officers then escorted both suspects to the man’s hideout in the vicinity of Petain Road, and seized about 53g of cannabis
from the hideout.
6. Under Section 5 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1973, it is an offence for a person, on his or her own behalf, or on behalf of any other person, whether or not that other person is in Singapore, to traffic in a controlled
drug, offer to traffic in a controlled drug; or to do or offer to do any act preparatory to or for the purpose of trafficking in a controlled drug. If a person is found guilty of trafficking more than 15g of diamorphine or “pure heroin”
or 250g of methamphetamine, he or she may face the mandatory death penalty.
7. Investigations into all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
15 September 2023
1CNB New Release, 10 September 2023. Four Arrested in Anti-Drug Operations Conducted at Nightspots - https://www.cnb.gov.sg/NewsAndEvents/News/Index/four-arrested-in-anti-drug-operations-conducted-at-nightspots