A total of 76 suspected drug offenders were arrested in an island-wide operation conducted by the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) from 21 to 26 February 2021. In this island-wide operation, a total of about 866g of heroin, 588g of ‘Ice’, 568g of cannabis, 44g of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), 1g of ketamine, 56 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, one Erimin-5 tablets, and 53 LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) stamps were seized. The drugs seized are estimated to be worth more than $135,000. The youngest arrested in this island-wide operation is a 16-year-old Singaporean female suspected drug abuser.
2. Some of the areas covered during this island-wide operation include Ang Mo Kio, Bedok and Bukit Batok.
21 February 2021: Arrests of three subjects in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 10
3. In the evening of 21 February 2021, in one of the cases in this island-wide operation, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 10. Forced entry was effected as the occupants had refused to heed the lawful orders of the CNB officers to open the door, and a 53-year-old Singaporean male and a 47-year-old Singaporean male were arrested therein. A search was conducted, and a total of 42 packets and straws containing about 373g of heroin, 15 packets containing about 67g of ‘Ice’, one packet containing about 1g of ketamine and various drug paraphernalia were seized. About 1g of heroin and a small amount of ‘Ice’ were further found on the 53-year-old male, and cash amounting to $1,982 were also found on the 47-year-old male.
4. Prior to the above arrest, a 64-year-old Singaporean male was also arrested in the vicinity of the same residential unit for suspected drug-related offences. The 64-year-old male put up a struggle to resist arrest, and was believed to have discarded a small packet in the process. Officers later recovered the packet which contained about 4g of heroin.
Photo 1 (CNB): Packets and straws containing heroin and ‘Ice’ seized from a residential unit in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 during a CNB operation on 21 February 2021.
23 February 2021: Arrests of two subjects in the vicinity of Sengkang Square and Rivervale Crescent
5. On 23 February 2021, in another case from the island-wide operation, CNB officers arrested a 33-year-old Singaporean male in the vicinity of Sengkang Square for suspected drug-related offences. A total of 15 packets containing 54g of ‘Ice’, 50 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and various drug paraphernalia were seized from the 33-year-old male.
6. In a follow-up operation on the same day, CNB officers arrested a 36-year-old Singaporean male in the vicinity of Rivervale Crescent. The 36-year-old male was brought to his residence in the vicinity of Woodlands Drive 75, where a search was conducted. A total of about 472g of heroin, 345g of ‘Ice’, 503g of cannabis, seven ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and 50 LSD stamps were seized, along with various drug paraphernalia.
Photo 2 (CNB): Heroin, ‘Ice’, cannabis, and LSD stamps seized from a residential unit in the vicinity of Woodlands Drive 75 during a CNB operation on 23 February 2021.
7. Investigations into the drug activities of all arrested suspects are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
26 February 2021