- The Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) seized nearly 1kg of cannabis in an operation conducted on 12 May 2017. Other drugs including heroin and ‘Ice’ were also seized in the operation. The cannabis seized is estimated to be worth nearly S$10,000.
- In the late afternoon of 12 May, CNB officers spotted two drug suspects together in the vicinity of Tampines Street 86. The two suspects parted way shortly after and returned to their respective vehicles. Officers arrested both suspects separately, and a search was conducted on their vehicles.
- A block of about 980g of cannabis was recovered from within the car of the first suspect, a 41-year-old male Singaporean. About 20g of ‘Ice’, 16g of heroin, an Erimin-5 tablet and other unknown tablets were recovered from within the car of the second suspect, a 25-year-old male Singaporean.
- Following swift investigations, CNB officers arrested a 30-year-old suspected drug abuser, believed to be a drug client of the first suspect [the 41-year-old male], in the vicinity of Redhill Close. A search conducted at the 30-year-old suspect’s residence yielded about 5g of ‘Ice’ and various drug-smoking utensils. Six improvised air rifles were also recovered.
- Investigations into the drug activities of all the suspects are ongoing. The Misuse of Drugs Act provides for the death penalty for those convicted of trafficking in more than 500g of cannabis. 1,000g of cannabis is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 143 drug abusers for a week. The Police are investigating into the seized improvised air rifles.
- The Central Narcotics Bureau would like to remind the public that cannabis is a Class A controlled drug listed under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Unauthorised consumption, possession, trafficking, import or export of any Class A controlled drug is an offence.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
13 MAY 2017
Photo 1 (CNB): Cannabis, ‘Ice’ and heroin seized in CNB operation on 12 May 2017.
Photo 2 (CNB): Improvised air rifles seized in CNB operation on 12 May 2017.