- The Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) carried out a three-day island-wide operation, from the morning of 28 August to the morning of 31 August 2017, arresting a total of 94 drug offenders. About 60g of ‘Ice’, 25g of heroin, 310g of cannabis
and six ‘Ecstasy’ tablets were seized in this operation.
- The operation was supported by the Singapore Police Force, and some of the areas covered included Boon Lay, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang, Jurong, Marsiling, Sengkang, Tampines and Woodlands.
‘Ice’ trafficker arrested in Jalan Kayu
- In one of the cases during this island-wide operation, on 28 August, CNB officers arrested a 37-year-old male Singaporean suspected drug trafficker in the vicinity of Jalan Kayu. The male suspect was brought to the unit he was putting up in and officers
recovered a total of about 38g of ‘Ice’ and six ‘Ecstasy’ tablets within the unit. Various drug paraphernalia such as digital weighing scales, empty plastic packaging and improvised drug-smoking apparatus were also recovered.
Three suspected drug abusers – a 28-year-old and two 34-year-old, all female Singaporeans, were also arrested within the unit.
Cannabis trafficker arrested
- In another one of the cases during this island-wide operation, on 29 August, CNB officers arrested a 43-year-old suspected drug trafficker, a 47-year-old suspected drug abuser and a 53-year-old suspected drug abuser in Seletar West. All three suspects
are male Singaporeans. A small packet of cannabis was recovered from the 43-year-old and 47-year-old suspect each. A follow-up raid of the suspected drug trafficker’s residence in Yishun Street 81 yielded about 298g of cannabis.
- Investigations into the drug activities of all the arrested persons are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
31 AUGUST 2017
Photo-1: Drugs and drug paraphernalia recovered from CNB operation at Jalan Kayu on 28 August 2017.
Photo-2: Cannabis seized at Yishun Street 81 on 29 August 2017.