- In the latest island-wide anti-drug blitz from 17 July to the morning of 21 July 2017, the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) arrested a total of 87 suspected drug offenders, and seized about 95g of ‘Ice’, 54g of cannabis, 41g of heroin, 58 ‘Yaba’ tablets, and small amounts of ketamine and ‘Ecstasy’ tablets.
- The operation was supported by the Singapore Police Force, and some of the areas covered included Bishan, Boon Lay, Geylang, Marsiling, Teck Whye, Telok Blangah, Toa Payoh, Woodlands and Yishun.
Traffickers arrested in Teck Whye
- In one of the cases during this island-wide operation, on 18 July, CNB officers arrested two suspected drug traffickers – a 29-year-old and a 28-year-old, both male Singaporeans, in the vicinity of Teck Whye Crescent. About 35g of ‘Ice’, two digital weighing scales, numerous empty plastic packets and some drug-taking utensils were recovered from the 28-year-old male.
- Swift investigations led CNB officers to raid a unit in the same vicinity, where officers recovered a total of about 10g of ‘Ice’, two ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, three digital weighing scales, numerous empty plastic bags and numerous drug-taking utensils from within the unit. A 30-year-old female Singaporean suspected drug trafficker and five suspected drug abusers were arrested in this follow-up raid. Among the five suspected abusers, aged between 20 and 21, three of them were male Singaporeans and two were female Singaporeans.
- Investigations into the drug activities of all the arrested persons are ongoing.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
21 JULY 2017
Photo-1: CNB officers raiding a unit during CNB’s four-day island-wide operation from 17 to 21 July 2017.
Photo-2: CNB officers conducting search during CNB’s four-day island-wide operation from 17 to 21 July 2017.