In the latest drug bust by Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) officers on 16 and 17 December 2020, a total of six suspected drug offenders, comprising three males and three females aged between 28 and 55, were arrested at multiple locations in Singapore. A total of about 4,158g of cannabis, 466g of heroin, 999g of ‘Ice’, 753g of ketamine, 105 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and fragments, 285 Erimin-5 tablets, two bottles suspected to contain liquid ecstasy, and a bottle of liquid suspected to contain GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) were seized. Offensive weapons and various drug paraphernalia were also recovered during the operation. The drugs seized are estimated to be worth over $475,000.
2. In the evening of 16 December, CNB officers arrested a 30-year-old Singaporean male at a commercial building in the vicinity of Pasir Ris Drive 3. About 104g of cannabis, 15g of ‘Ice’, 32g of ketamine, nine ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and fragments and 11 Erimin-5 tablets were recovered from the vehicle that was driven by the 30-year-old male. The 30-year-old male was then brought to his hideout in the vicinity of Beach Road, where a search was conducted in the residential unit. A total of about 495g of cannabis and 1g of ketamine were recovered from the hideout.
Arrests of two suspected drug offenders in the vicinity of Orchard Boulevard
3. In the early morning of 17 December, a separate party of CNB officers escorted the 30-year-old male to a shophouse unit in the vicinity of Macpherson Road, which was suspected to be another hideout. About 3,558g of cannabis, 461g of heroin, 9g of ‘Ice’, 29 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets, and two bottles suspected to contain liquid ecstasy were recovered. Various drug paraphernalia were also seized from the unit.
Photo 1 (CNB): Cannabis seized from shophouse unit in the vicinity of Macpherson Road on 17 December 2020.
4. Following up from the earlier raid at Macpherson Road, CNB officers raided a hotel room in the vicinity of Orchard Boulevard. Forced entry was effected as the occupants of the room had refused to heed the lawful orders of the CNB officers to open the door. A 33-year-old Singaporean male and 30-year-old female foreign national were arrested therein. A search was conducted in the room, and a total of 1g of cannabis, 5g of heroin, 910g of ‘Ice’, 720g of ketamine, 67 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and fragments, 274 Erimin-5 tablets, and a bottle of liquid suspected to contain GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate) were recovered. Various drug paraphernalia and an extendable baton were also seized from the room.
Arrest of one suspected drug offender in the vicinity of Tyrwhitt Road
5. In another follow-up operation from the earlier raid in the vicinity of Macpherson Road, CNB officers arrested a 28-year-old Singaporean female at a hotel in the vicinity of Tyrwhitt Road. The 28-year-old female was brought to her residence, and a further search recovered about 1g of ‘Ice’.
Arrests of two suspected drug offenders in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 4
6. Following up on the previous raids, a party of CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 and arrested a 55-year-old Singaporean male and 41-year-old female foreign national therein, who were believed to be linked to the 33-year-old male who was arrested earlier. Both suspects had also refused to comply with the lawful orders of the officers, and necessary force was used to gain entry to effect the arrest. A search was conducted in the unit, and four packets containing about 64g of ‘Ice’ and various drug paraphernalia were seized.
Photo 2 (CNB): Packets of ‘Ice’ and packaging materials seized from residential unit in the vicinity of Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 on 17 December 2020.
Photo 3 (CNB): Cannabis, heroin and ‘Ice’ seized from a CNB operation on 17 December 2020, which took place in multiple locations in Singapore.
7. Investigations into the drug activities of all the suspects are ongoing. The total amount of drugs seized is sufficient the feed the addiction of 595 abusers for the 4,158g of cannabis seized, 220 abusers for the 466g of heroin seized, and 570 abusers for the 999g of ‘Ice’ seized.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
18 December 2020