In the latest drug busts by CNB officers on 30 July 2020, a total of 10 suspected drug offenders, all Singaporeans, comprising 9 men and 1 woman aged between 28 and 62, were arrested. A total of about 11,118g of heroin, about 101g of ‘Ice’, 30 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and fragments, and 1 Erimin-5 tablet were seized, and cash amounting to $18,400 was also recovered from the operations that took place in multiple locations in Singapore. The drugs seized are estimated to be worth about $800,000.
Arrests of 3 Singaporeans in the vicinity of Woodlands Street 13, Woodlands Ave 6 and Rivervale Drive
2. In the afternoon of 30 July, CNB officers conducted observation on 2 Singaporean males, a 51-year-old and 43-year-old, in the vicinity of Woodlands Avenue 6. Both of them were seen boarding a private hire vehicle and they were arrested when they alighted from the vehicle at the vicinity of Woodlands Street 13. A total of 12 packets containing about 90g of heroin and 7 packets containing about 87.5g of ‘Ice’ were seized from the 43-year-old. 50 packets containing about 375g of heroin, along with cash amounting to $8,400, were also seized from the private hire vehicle that they were travelling in. The 51-year-old was subsequently brought back to his hideout in the vicinity of Woodlands Ave 6, where a total of about 646g of heroin and about 3g of ‘Ice’ were recovered from the unit.
Photo - 1 (CNB): Packets of ‘Ice’ seized from 43-year-old in the vicinity of Woodlands Street 13.
3. A separate party of CNB officers raided a unit in the vicinity of Rivervale Drive in the late afternoon, where a 53-year-old Singaporean male was arrested for suspected drug trafficking offences. A total of about 5,232g of heroin were recovered from the unit.
Photo - 2 (CNB): 10 bundles of heroin recovered from residential unit in the vicinity of Rivervale Drive.
Arrests of 2 Singaporeans in the vicinity of Teck Whye Lane
4. In the evening of 30 July, 2 Singaporean males, a 30-year-old and 28-year-old, were both arrested separately in the vicinity of Teck Whye Lane. 4 bundles containing about 1,895g of heroin were seized from the motorcycle belonging to the 30-year-old.
Arrests of 4 Singaporeans in the vicinity of Teck Whye Crescent and Choa Chu Kang Ave 1
5. In the late morning of 30 July, a separate party of CNB officers also arrested a 52-year-old Singaporean male for suspected drug consumption offences in the vicinity of Teck Whye Crescent with about 4g of heroin found on him.
6. Following up from the arrest, CNB officers raided a residential unit in the vicinity of Choa Chu Kang Street 51, where a 50-year-old Singaporean male suspected drug trafficker refused CNB officers entry into the unit. He then attempted to evade arrest by scaling out of the rear kitchen window of the unit located on the fourth storey. In the process, he fell and suffered injuries. He was conveyed conscious to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital for medical attention. He is currently in stable condition.
7. During a search conducted within the residential unit, CNB officers seized about 1g of heroin, 3 packets containing about 5g of ‘Ice’, 20 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and 1 Erimin-5 tablet. A 40-year-old Singaporean female who was in the unit was also arrested for suspected drug consumption offences. Car keys seized from the unit led officers to a rented vehicle, where 4 bundles containing about 1,904g of heroin were also recovered.
Photo - 3 (CNB): Heroin recovered from vehicle in the vicinity of Choa Chu Kang Street 51.
8. A 62-year-old Singaporean was also arrested in the vicinity of Choa Chu Kang Ave 1 in the late evening, where one straw of about 6g of heroin was found on him. A search was conducted on the vehicle belonging to the 62-year-old, and another packet of about 8g of heroin was recovered.
Arrest of 1 Singaporean in the vicinity of Chin Swee Road
9. In another operation, a 59-year-old Singaporean male, a suspected drug trafficker, was also arrested in the vicinity of Chin Swee Road by a separate party of CNB officers in the morning of 30 July 2020, where 2 bundles containing about 954g of heroin were found on him. As officers moved in to arrest the suspect, the 59-year-old put up a violent struggle and injured an officer with a metal object. Necessary force was effected to restrain and place the suspect under arrest. The suspect was then brought to his residence, where a total of about 3g of heroin, about 5.5g of ‘Ice’, 10 ‘Ecstasy’ tablets and fragments, and cash amounting to $10,000 were recovered from the unit. The Police are investigating into the offence of voluntarily causing hurt to the CNB officer.
10. Investigations into the drug activities of all the suspects are ongoing. The total amount of 11,118g of heroin that had been seized in these operations is sufficient to feed the addiction of about 5,290 abusers for a week.
CENTRAL NARCOTICS BUREAU
31 JULY 2020